Neuromuscular re-education is a technique used by therapists to break adhesions that bind muscles and impair nerves. The therapeutic technique is used to improve coordination, posture, balance and proprioception. It will maximize your strength and allow you to move with more balance and effectiveness in your daily life activities.
Neuromuscular re-education is administered to people who have experienced fractures, muscle tears, or people with degenerative conditions like arthritis or cerebral palsy. It can also be helpful to healthy people who want to improve their overall balance, flexibility or strength such as professional dancers or athletes – who need certain forms of these therapies!
Activities Involved Neuromuscular Re-Education:
- Strengthening exercise routines that target a specific area of the body
- Stretching activities to increase both flexibility and range of motion in an injured limb.
- Standing with one leg exercises to improve balance.
- Therapeutic massage - the effects of therapeutic massage vary with each individual. The massage leads to enhancement of joint and muscle function, improved circulation, and increased metabolism hence improving the healing process.
The individual receiving treatment is allowed time to find correct position of joints and also to identify the direction of movement of body extremities. These training exercises can benefit people of all ages regardless of past history or level of function.
Importance Of Therapeutic Exercises To Your Overall Fitness & Well Being
- Improves ambulation, balance and coordination
- Improves performance during exercises, and also functional capacity
- Improves muscle strength, achieves and maintains maximal voluntary contractile force
- Improves mobility of joints
- Releases contracted muscles, tendons and fascia
- Improves circulation
- Reduces rigidity and promotes relaxation
The Professionals at Back In Line Chiropractic Spine & Injury Specialist offer neuromuscular re-education services that are bound to enhance the quality of your life and more so your physical fitness. Leveraging years of experience helping people in Dallas Ga and beyond, we focus our sights on specific goals for each consulting visitor. Our neuromuscular re-education activities and services revolve around:
- Using movement analysis to determine the patient’s skills and abilities, missing components of normal movement and strategies of movement, postural responses and appropriate feedback. This helps you take care of your neuromuscular needs better.
- We apply frequent practice in a variety of environments for maximum adaptability. We also transfer movements to functional exercise to help you get better faster.
Techniques To Reduce Spasticity
Spasticity is a feature of altered skeletal muscle performance in muscle tone involving hypertonia. We employ a number of techniques to reduce spasticity.
- Sound contraction of antagonists to spastic muscles
- Biofeedback which involves use of electronic sensors to monitor body functions such as muscle tension and body pressure. The responses are sent through computers. The main goal of this is to teach you how to control bodily responses thus easing tight muscles and thus allowing flexibility and movement.
- Weight bearing positions: kneeling and quadruped
- Sustained stretching while maintaining an upright posture
- Prolonged pressure on your long flexor tendons
Over the years, Dr. LaDonna C. Bense, the lead chiropractor at Back In Line Chiropractic Spine & Injury Specialist, has proven to be utterly successful in helping patients who have movement problems due to muscles adhesions and joint mobility.